Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon / Vitreoretina Specialist
Residency Program Director / Director of Post-Graduate Studies
Eye Foundation Center For The Prevention Of Blindness
Qualifications / Exams with Dates :
1. Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons in Ophthalmology: 2009
2. Fellowship Of The Royal College of Surgeons ( in Ophthalmology ) Edinburgh : 2002
3. Diploma Of The Royal College of Ophthalmologist : 2002
4. Diploma Of The International Council of Ophthalmologist (Clinical Sciences) : 2001
5. Diploma Of The International Council Of Ophthalmologist (Basic Sciences ) : 1999
6. MBBS (Nig) 1995
7. Senior School Certificate Exams ( SSCE ) : 1988
8. General Certificate Exams (GCE ) : 1987
9. First School leaving Certificate: 1982.
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP & ACTIVITY:
1. Founding Member of the Vitreoretina Society of Nigeria
2. Member of the Ophthalmological Society of Nigeria ( Chairman of Scientific Program Committee during the 2012 congress of the society)
3. Member of the EURETINA (European Society of Retina Specialists) .
4. Member of the ASRS ( American Society of Retina Specialist): delegate representing Nigeria.
5. Member of the AASRS ( Arab African Society of Retina Specialist) : delegate representing Nigeria
6. Member of the Middle East and African Vitreoretina Society
7. Member of the ISCEV ( International Society fot Clinical Electrophysioology of Vision).
8. Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (FRSM) .
9. Guardian of the Heritage Society of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
10. Founding Editor of Vitreo Retina Times ( a publication of the vitreoretina society of Nigeria.)
A. Resource person at retina courses and symposia. Involved in the training of residents and vitreoretina fellows and other academic projects.
B. Reviewer of 10 local and international journals.
C. Currently working on a project aimed at improving vitreoretina services and training in Sub-Saharan Africa.